IMPRO – Reverse Osmosis
Experience intelligent, maximum-performance reverse osmosis solutions
IMPRO: Intelligent Maximum Performance Reverse Osmosis
Our new, high-recovery reverse osmosis (RO) solutions — IMPRO™ — have solved the limitations of traditional RO, making operation easier and more reliable. Featuring patented closed circuit reverse osmosis (CCRO™) technology from Desalitech, our IMPRO systems are designed to maximize water recovery, consume less energy, and minimize membrane fouling and scaling.
The IMPRO systems are ideal for producing purified water from a wide range of municipal and industrial applications in place of traditional RO or ion exchange. Contact us today and see how IMPRO technology can meet your water treatment needs.
Benefits & Applications
Our packaged and mobile RO filtration systems utilize closed circuit reverse osmosis (CCRO) technology from Desalitech to recover up to 95% of wastewater — significantly more than that of conventional RO treatment.
Minimum Waste Disposal
We offer the highest guaranteed recovery for challenging feed waters, reliably reducing waste streams by 50 — 80%. Reduced waste leads to fewer disposal requirements and lower disposal costs when compared to traditional membrane technologies.
IMPRO systems automatically adapt to variations in feed water composition, temperature, and flow. Our smart configurations offer unmatched flexibility and ease of use, giving operators direct control of recovery rate and permeate flow.
Reduced Energy Consumption
The IMPRO water treatment systems operate near the thermodynamic minimum, therefore reducing energy costs.
Mobile IMPRO units are intelligently designed to fit in a 53’ trailer, providing maximum performance, high-recovery RO technology wherever you need it. When facing source water problems, downtime from equipment malfunctions or emergencies, seasonal surges in consumption, or increased demand that exceeds system capacity, our IMPRO units can rapidly deploy to meet your needs.
These reliable, pre-engineered units reduce waste streams while easily handling challenging feedwaters. The smart configuration gives operators direct control of recovery rate and permeate flow, while offering unmatched flexibility and ease of use.
Operating at up to 98% recovery, IMPRO systems can reduce waste streams by as much as 80%.
Municipal Waste Water
IMPRO systems are easy to operate and minimize membrane scaling and fouling issues associated with traditional RO technology.
Industrial Boiler Feed & Cooling Tower Makeup Water
Our IMPRO systems feature closed circuit reverse osmosis (CCRO) technology to reduce energy consumption by up to 35%.
Brackish Water Treatment
IMPRO systems are intelligently designed to give operators the ability to control recovery rate, cross flow, and flux, even with the most challenging feedwaters.
Mobile System Specs
- Capacity: 700 gpm* (2 x 350 gpm); 2,650 lpm (2 x 1,325 lpm)
- Water Recovery: 80 — 95%
- Arrays: 1-stage (16 x 6M); CCRO Operation**
- Maximum Pressure: Approx. 350 psi (24 bar)
*Water quality dependent
**Closed Circuit Reverse Osmosis (CCRO) process used with permission from Desalitech
- Type: Trailer with attached axles / wheel set
- Length: 53.0 ft (16.2 m) plus front-mounted HVAC unit
- Height: 13.6 ft (4.1 m)
- Width: 8.6 ft (2.6 m)
- Weight Dry: 47,000 lbs (22,000 kg)
- Weight Wet: 78,000 lbs (36,000 kg)
Container Details, Trailer Connections
- Type: Grooved
- Material: SS316 SCH40
- Raw Water Inlet: 8 in (200 mm)
- Permeate Outlet: 6 in (150 mm)
- Concentrate Outlet: 4 in (100 mm)
- CIP / Other Waste Outlet: 4 in (100 mm)
- Membrane: 8 in spiral wound NF or RO (application dependent)
- Permeate Outlet Pressure: < 45 psi (3 bar)
- Water Temperature Range: 33°F (1°C) — 113°F (45°C)
System, Special Features
- Two trains provides redundancy
- Operator Work Station integrated into Aria FAST mobile water solution systems
- Temperature-controlled interior adjusted via on-board HVAC system
Instrumentation and Electrical
- Service: Single 480 VAC, 3 phase, 60 Hz service required, 400 FLA
- Connectivity: Wireless Remote Pall Support and / or Customer Control available
Learn More About IMPRO
Download our FREE Data Sheets for more information about our CCRO solutions.
Packaged System Specs
The IMPRO is available in a variety of standard, skid-mounted configurations. Each configuration includes the following features and parameters:
- Automatic response to feed variations
- Programmable logic controller with remote monitoring and control functionality
- Chemical dosing systems
- NSF-certified components
- Membrane pretreatment
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) and flushing systems
- Mixed-bed permeate polishing
- Transfer pumps, storage tanks
- Adjustable Recovery: 75 — 98%
- Rejection: 95.0 — 99.5%
- Adjustable Flux: 6 — 25 gfd (10 — 42 lmh)
- Feed: 0 — 10,000 mg/L TDS
- Temperature: 36 — 113°F (2 — 45°C)
- Max Pressure: 450 psi (31 bar)
- Inlet Pressure: 10 — 60 psi (0.8 — 4.0 bar)
Learn More About IMPRO
Complete the form above to download our FREE Data Sheets for more information about Pall Water's CCRO solutions.