UF Modules for Water Treatment in Municipal and Industrial Applications
Introducing the latest Ultrafiltration (UF) module from Pall Water: the Ultra60 is designed for municipal and industrial applications, including RO pretreatment.
The Pall Aria™ systems incorporating Ultra60 modules can replace conventional upstream operations such as flocculation, settling, and granular media filtration. The modules provide consistent high-quality effluent, independent of incoming raw water quality without the use of coagulating chemicals, typically achieving a SDI of < 2 – 3 and a turbidity of < 0.08 NTU. These robust Aria™ systems have a comparatively small footprint, are modular in design and are fully automated.
For more information about our latest UF module, contact us today, or continue reading below for specifications.
"The Fundamentals of Filtration for Water"
View our latest webinar to explore the fundamentals of membrane filtration for water and wastewater treatment.
Pall Water experts Alicia and Joe detail the importance of water quality, the differences between Microfiltration (MF) and Ultrafiltration (UF), filter media characteristics, and much more!
Features & Benefits
Features of Ultrafiltration Membranes
UF membranes offer a number of benefits for water treatment
When used in Pall Water's Aria water treatment systems, our proven ultrafiltration modules deliver high-quality water for applications around the globe.
- Hollow fiber construction for removal of particles, bacteria, colloidal silica, and reduced turbidity.
- PVDF membrane resistant to oxidizing agents.
- Filtration from outside fiber to inside of fiber:
- Increased surface area per module for excellent throughput, resulting in compact systems, and exceptional tolerance for high contaminant levels.
- Removal of foulants by unique and periodic air-scouring and permeate back flushing.
- Minimum prefiltration required (e.g., 200 μm self-cleaning strainers for removal of tramp solids).
- Low operating costs:
- By providing high quality RO prefiltration, the time between RO membrane cleaning is greatly extended. This results in reduced downtime and chemical / disposal costs.
- High water recovery rates minimize cost per volume of water produced.
Ultrafiltration membrane modules provide water treatment solutions for a variety of municipal and industrial applications, including:
- Drinking water
- Desalination pre-treatment
- Water reuse
- Boiler feed
- Cooling tower make-up
- Cooling tower blowdown
- Discharge water
How Can We Help?
Contact us today for more information about our latest Ultrafiltration (UF) membranes and other membrane-based water treatment solutions. Our expert team is here to answer your questions.