MF Water Treatment Technology for Municipal and Industrial Applications
Microfiltration (MF) modules are the core of Pall Water filtration solutions, designed for both municipal and industrial applications, including drinking water applications and RO pretreatment. A number of our trusted membranes are NSF / ANSI 61 certified for compliance in Drinking Water applications.
Pal Water's Aria™ water treatment systems incorporate modules that can replace conventional upstream operations such as flocculation, settling, and granular media filtration. The microfiltration modules provide consistent, high-quality effluent independent of incoming raw water quality without the use of coagulating chemicals or other additives.
Our proven Aria™ systems have a comparatively small footprint, are modular in design, and are fully automated.
"The Fundamentals of Filtration for Water"
View our latest webinar to explore the fundamentals of membrane filtration for water and wastewater treatment.
Pall Water experts Alicia and Joe detail the importance of water quality, the differences between Microfiltration (MF) and Ultrafiltration (UF), filter media characteristics, and much more!
Features of Microfiltration Membranes
MF membrane features offer a number of water treatment benefits
When used in Pall Water's Aria water treatment systems, our proven microfiltration modules deliver high-quality water for municipal and industrial applications around the globe.
- Lower operating costs:
- By providing high quality RO prefiltration, the time between RO membrane cleaning is greatly extended. This results in reduced downtime and chemical / disposal costs.
- High water recovery rates (typically up to 95%-98%) minimize cost per volume of water produced.
- Hollow fiber construction with 0.1 μm rated membrane for removal of particles, bacteria, colloidal silica, and reduced turbidity.
- PVDF membrane resistant to oxidizing agents.
- Filtration from outside fiber to inside of fiber:
- Large surface area per module for excellent throughput, resulting in compact systems, and exceptional tolerance for high contaminant levels.
- Removal of foulants by unique and periodic air-scouring and permeate back flushing.
- Minimum prefiltration required (e.g., 400 μm self-cleaning strainers for removal of tramp solids).
Microfiltration membrane modules provide water treatment solutions for a variety of municipal and industrial applications, including:
- Drinking Water
- Desalination Pretreatment
- Water Reuse
- Boiler Feed
- Cooling Tower Make-Up
- Cooling Tower Blowdown
- Discharge Water
How Can We Help?
Contact us today for more information about our Microfiltration (MF) membranes and water treatment solutions. Our expert team is here to answer your questions.