Pall’s continuous effort for a sustainable future begins with our creation of superior products and the reduction of environmental impacts. Our goal is to contribute to a greater global society. We are accomplishing this goal through the development of our industry-leading products. Our innovations purify and conserve water, consume less energy, help make alternative energy possible, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Through our products, we can help make it a better planet for everyone. Join us in our mission to create a bigger and brighter future, by making revolutionary changes today.
In May 2008, Pall’s newest “green” facility in Buccinasco (Milan), Italy, was a finalist in the Urban Land Institute’s 2008 Awards for Excellence (Europe). The 7,000-sq. meter/75,348-sq. foot, 3-building complex is sustainably engineered at every level, from renewable construction materials to energy efficient operating systems.
- On-site electric power plant
- Energy-efficient heating and air conditioning (HVAC) system that produces hot and cold water simultaneously and regulates North and South building exposures independently
- Water storage tanks that double as fire control reservoirs
- Glass, paper and plastics recycling systems throughout the buildings
Port Washington, NY
Pall’s newly renovated World Headquarters opened in Port Washington, New York, in 2009. The 24,526-sq. meter/264,000-sq. foot retrofitted facility is among the most energy-efficient buildings in the Pall network, incorporating state-of-the-art sustainable components.
- Glass walled building front will uses low E coated insulated glass for reduced energy consumption
- Recycling of materials during construction diverted nearly 225,000 lbs. of waste from landfills
- A sophisticated Building Management System is reducing energy consumption by 4 million kilowatt hours per year
- Water conservation systems are saving over 9 million gallons per year
- Use of low VOC emission materials